Our Fit Service
✔ optimise your riding position
✔ minimise the risk of injury
✔ improve efficiency
✔ make your cycling more enjoyable
✔ find a bike that best suits you
Before your fit
You should wear your cycle clothing, preferably lycra so we can put markers on you and see your profile. Please bring your cycling shoes as well. You can use our changing facilities if you wish. You will spend approximately 2 hours with our fit technician. Bring your existing bike to have a full assessment of your optimal bike position whilst on our turbo trainer.
We offer a unique and extensive bike fitting services, so there really is something suitable for all levels of cyclist. Why not get in touch and find out what a bike fitting could do for you!
- Interview: Your technician will want to know about your injury history and any discomfort you experience on the bike.We will be looking in detail as to how aspects of the bike’s current setup that could cause pain or discomfort including if you are migrating from another sport altogether.
- Physical Assessment: Standing Posture evaluation, checking shoulders and anterior posterior pelvic and spinal-posture check, Knee abduction and abduction check.
- Personal Measurement: Personal Measurement: height, inside leg and shoulder width, Your inseam will be measured to give a rough idea of saddle height and frame size, Your shoulder width will be measured to ensure your handlebars are the correct width, Feet measurement: length, arch length and width of each foot.
- Functional Movement Screen: The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is a tool used to identify asymmetries which result in functional movement deficiencies. The FMS aims to identify imbalances in mobility and stability during seven fundamental movement patterns. Once these deficiencies have been identified through the FMS Screen, a program of corrective exercises is then developed with the goal of preventing musculoskeletal injuries.
- Flexibility: Not everyone has the same flexibility needs or flexibility potential. Our flexibility potential is affected by genetics, gender, age, lifestyle, medical history, occupation, and, of course, type and level of physical activity. We will assess the flexibility in the hamstrings and gluteal muscles as well as checking for mobility around the hip including assessment for any leg length discrepancies.
- Bike Adjustment: At the end of your bike fit we will adjust your bike to reflect your new position and advise and/or fit any new components needed to achieve this. Your shoes and cleats will be adjusted ready to ride.
- After your fit: You'll receive a full report at the end of your session, including our observations and recommendations, as well as all the measurements you need to set up any bike to your recommended optimal position
Motion Capture Dynamic Analysis
8. The human eye can comprehend approximately 17 frames per second, and is unable to catch many of the smallest motions made on the bike. Precision Fit employs a 60 frame per second Motion Capture Camera to identify the subtlest intricacies of your pedal stroke and positioning. Coupled with analysis software, the images this camera provides are compared against a desired set of angular norms and ranges to identify inconsistencies. By utilizing this high-speed video, technicians are able to conduct an analysis of your biomechanics and movement that simply could not be done as thoroughly with the naked eye.
'Denver is very meticulous and an expert in his field. He's also a great human being. I highly recommend his work as a bio-mechanic / bike fitting expert.'
To book your appointment please contact: