HOT CROSS BUNS RIDE 2018 – ENTRIES NOW OPEN!
January 30 2018
In Aid of the Alzheimer's Society
Put the 6th of April 2018 into your diary. HOTXBUNS is an annual cycle ride of 100+ miles. It takes place around Easter and is now in its 12th year. The ride is open to everyone. It’s when experienced cyclists can give something back by supporting others with the theme ‘amigos para siempre’ or friends forever.
This year the ride is organised in conjunction with Panagua Bikes and our good friends at Bigfoot CC however you don't need to be a member of either club to take part. It starts and finishes opposite Panagua Bikes inside Hayes village Hall where there will be early morning HotXBuns to start & fresh pizzas to finish.
The country ride consists of 4 stages of about 25 miles each. Lunch is in Café Rouge at Brighton Marina at the halfway point where you'll also get a complimentary neck and shoulder massage for those in need.
The cost of £15 for the day covers :
- Hot Cross Buns before you set off from Hayes Village Hall;
- Full mechanical support by a mobile mechanic (Dave in the Panagua Van);
- Feed Station with water & snacks at the 20 mile mark;
- Portaloos at the first feed station for those who drank too much coffee before the start;
- Coffee & Snacks at the Ardingly Inn after 33 miles;
- Lunch at Cafe Rouge in Brighton Marina after 55 miles;
- Free neck & shoulder massage during lunch provided by professional masseurs;
- Pizza at Hayes Village Hall on your return
...a bargain! The event is open to all, you do not need to be a member of either Panagua CC or Bigfoot CC to take part.
This year we will be supporting the Alzheimer’s Society, a UK care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers. If you enjoy the event, we would be really grateful if you would consider making a donation to the Alzheimers Society here.
On the day.
Arrive at Hayes village hall by 7am on Friday 6th April. Park your bike outside, we will have sentries to keep an eye on things. In the hall there will be a welcome, briefing and introductions of both guest riders and Chaperones.
The outbound route to Brighton can be found here
The return route to Hayes can be found here
As always there are three levels.
- HOT group moving at 13-14mph.
- CROSS group at 14-15mph.
- BUNS group at 15-16mph.
Groups of 10 cyclists will leave every two minutes from 7.25am from the hall. Each group will have a pair of Chaperones. If you would like to Chaperone a group, email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will announce the names of Chaperones nearer the event.
How to enter
Please register your interest HERE.